For decades, Migrante Ottawa has called for changes to end the exploitation and vulnerability of migrant workers in Canada and to address the root causes of migration in the Philippines.
RESPECT AND UPHOLD MIGRANT RIGHTS!
- Oppose policies that increase hardship for migrant families such as the recent tax reform.
- Expose human rights violations that affect those who are fighting for the rights of migrants and other Filipinos for decent jobs and better lives.
- Stop low-wage and precarious work faced by migrants and other workers. People, including migrants, need decent jobs and decent wages.
- Stop the victimization of migrant workers by recruitment agencies.
END THE LABOUR EXPORT POLICY! STOP SEPARATING FAMILIES!
- Stop forced migration by addressing the root causes of joblessness, precarious work, low wages and poverty.
- Eliminate the backlog in processing applications for permanent residence by caregivers / temporary foreign workers.